I just love the earthy and sweet combo of raw chocolate and beetroot together. So I created this little sweet treat with the added bonus of delicious raspberries on top. Enjoy! Perfect for afternoon tea. Cheers!
1 ½ tablespoons of Organic beetroot powder.
1/2 cup any nut butter that takes your fancy. I used an organic combo of pepita, sesame, flaxseed, sunflower, chia & poppy.
1/2 cup unsalted butter (ideally organic & grass-fed), room temperature
1 cup raw cacao powder power
1/2 cup maple syrup (or brown rice malt syrup or raw honey) I used a half/half of brown rice and maple.
1 vanilla pod (do not use liquid vanilla in this. It will create excess liquid and you can’t mix it properly)
big pinch of Himalayan pink salt.
Handfuls of crushed raspberries to squish on top once flattened out.
Mix room temperature butter and all ingredients (minus raspberries) in a processor for 30 seconds or so, until blended. You can also mix this in a large bowl if you don’t have a whizzy.
2. Once mixed, spread on baking paper.
3. Then place another piece of baking paper on top to flatten it with a rolling pin.
4. Place in freezer for 10mins and peel the top paper off. Grab your frozen raspberries and crush them in your hands, then squish them into your mix. Your mix should still be a little soft so you can do this. Pop back in freezer for an hour.
5. Remove from freezer, cut into love hearts or any shape you want!
6. You may need to put them back in the freezer for a little bit after the shaping.
- If you decide to make love hearts, you can use the left over dough by rolling it back up in your baking paper, creating a log shape, then freezing it for later use. When you are ready to eat it, cut the log into slices.